FULL TIME | GREAT LAKES
This position requires a sales professional who performs a variety of duties aimed at building existing customer relationships in a defined sales territory and increases revenue from the existing customer base. Account Managers are “the face of the company” and are required to promote the company and our services in a professional manner, treating our customers as an extension of the HCS family.
- Business Group / Dept: Sales
- FLSA: Exempt
- Reports to: Michigan Sales Manager
Each quarter the Account Manager for Michigan, will establish, with the Michigan Sales Manager or VP of Sales, the specific results, improvements, or accomplishments required to support HCS and departmental objectives. These are expressed as ROCKS.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Follow processes and procedures according to HCS standards
- Routine travel within specific territory; evening, occasional overnight stays
- Meet sales targets and report out on weekly
- Maintain and enter required customer contact data in CRM program; timely
- Safely work with hazardous materials
- Safely operate & maintain a company vehicle; insurable under company fleet insurance
- Demonstrate company products and processes; providing meaningful value to customer needs
- Perform minor repairs and preventative maintenance in the field.
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor; maintain composure with challenging customers
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives.
The intent of this position description is to guide the activities of the Account Manager. It is not the intent to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function. Nor is it the intent to describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
Minimum GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Must pass typing test and basic math test
Certificates/Licenses: Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable under business fleet policy
Industry Experience: Minimum 1 year of sales experience required.
- Frequent driving and flying for extended periods of time.
- Heavy, but infrequent lifting up to 75 pounds.
- Lifting: raising, lowering or moving objects
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and the competencies required by persons assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions associated with this job. This job description is not an employment contract and Hydro-Chem Systems Inc. reserves the right to change this description at any time. Hydro-Chem Systems Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Technical Requirements (Specifically Related to this Position)
- Results Oriented: Ability to focus on important issues, regularly refocuses on results, and demonstrates a drive to exceed performance targets.
- Interpersonal Skills: Socially capable, interacts confidently, reads the situation. Empathetic and can evaluate likely reactions, both verbal and non-verbal.
- Influencing & Negotiating: Changes others’ viewpoints without coercion, sells products and services by tailoring benefits to audience, and negotiates mutually favorable outcomes.
- Entrepreneurialism: Identifies and quickly takes advantage of business opportunities, understands the market, and takes calculated risks.
- Computers: Proficient at typing and using basic Window office programs such as Microsoft Word & Excel on a laptop computer.
- Write Effectively: Conveys information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents; reviews and edits written work constructively.
- Competitive wage based on experience
- 401k match and section 125 plan (pre-tax dollars)
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability coverage
- Generous paid time off program
HCS is a drug-free company, so you will be required to pass a drug test upon hire and at any point during your employment.
Requirements Regardless of Position
HCS Operating Systems Principles & Objectives
- Knows all HCS established operating systems (e.g. quality, safety, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity of the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
Culture Expectations (Core Values for all Positions)
WE ACT LIKE OWNERS
We go above and beyond; we either work as a team or we crumble as individuals.
ON THIS TEAM WE FIGHT FOR THE INCH
We are determined to grow inch by inch. The inches we need are everywhere around us, and when we add up all those inches, that’s going to make the difference between WINNING and LOSING.
WE DO THE RIGHT THING
The high road is not a shortcut. Stick to the highest standard of Integrity, without compromise.
WE ARE COMPASSIONATE
We treat each other like family and our customers as an extension of that family.
EXCELLENCE IS AN ATTITUDE
We will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence. ~ Vince Lombardi
Simple and innovative cleaning solutions to clean more in less time can be yours today.