Sales Engineer – Automated
The Sales Engineer position for Automated Systems combines technical knowledge with sales skills, to secure new sales of Automated Systems in a specific geographical area. Sales personnel are “the face of the company” and are required to promote the company and our services in a professional manner, treating our customers as an extension of the HCS family.
- Business Group / Dept: Sales
- FLSA: Exempt
- Reports to: Equipment Manager
Each quarter the Automated Sales Engineer will establish, with the Equipment Sales Manager, the specific results, improvements, or accomplishments required to support HCS and departmental objectives. These are expressed as ROCKS.
- Routine travel within specific territory.
- Strong ability to negotiate and close a sale.
- Meet sales targets.
- Safely work with hazardous materials.
- Maintain required customer contact data in CRM system.
- Prepare and present proposals and reports for a variety of audiences.
- Attend trade shows and conferences
- Working irregular hours, including evenings and occasional weekends.
- Demonstrate company products and processes; providing meaningful value to customer needs.
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor; maintain composure with challenging customers
The intent of this position description is to guide the activities of the Automated Sales Engineer. It is not the intent to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function. Nor is it the intent to describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
Minimum GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Technical Experience: Mechanical, electrical and print knowledge preferred.
Industry Experience: Minimum 3 year of sales experience required.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Driving for extended periods of time.
- Extended hours away from main location of business
- Heavy, but infrequent lifting up to 75 pounds.
- Lifting: raising, lowering or moving objects
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
Technical Requirements (Specifically Related to this Position)
- Results Oriented: Ability to focus on important issues, regularly refocuses on results, and demonstrates a drive to exceed performance targets.
- Interpersonal Skills: Socially capable, interacts confidently, reads the situation. Empathetic and can evaluate likely reactions, both verbal and non-verbal.
- Influencing & Negotiating: Changes others’ viewpoints without coercion, sells products and services by tailoring benefits to audience, and negotiates mutually favorable outcomes.
- Entrepreneurialism: Identifies and quickly takes advantage of business opportunities, understands the market, and takes calculated risks.
- Computers: Proficient at typing and using basic Window office programs such as Microsoft Word & Excel on a laptop computer.
- Write Effectively: Conveys information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents; reviews and edits written work constructively.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and the competencies required by persons assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions associated with this job. This job description is not an employment contract and Hydro-Chem Systems Inc. reserves the right to change this description at any time. Hydro-Chem Systems Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Competitive wage based on experience
- 401k match and section 125 plan (pre-tax dollars)
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability coverage
- Generous paid time off program
HCS is a drug-free company, so you will be required to pass a drug test upon hire and at any point during your employment.
- Knows all HCS established operating systems (e.g. quality, safety, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity of the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
We go above and beyond; we either work as a team or we crumble as individuals.
ON THIS TEAM WE FIGHT FOR THE INCH
We are determined to grow inch by inch. The inches we need are everywhere around us, and when we add up all those inches, that’s going to make the difference between WINNING and LOSING.
WE DO THE RIGHT THING
The high road is not a shortcut. Stick to the highest standard of Integrity, without compromise.
WE ARE COMPASSIONATE
We treat each other like family and our customers as an extension of that family.
EXCELLENCE IS AN ATTITUDE
We will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence. ~ Vince Lombardi
Simple and innovative cleaning solutions to clean more in less time can be yours today.