FULL TIME | TRAVEL
This position is responsible for the delivery of all chemical products delivered from the Grand Rapids location with infrequent overnights. This position is also responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the Chemical Department when not out on deliveries. Delivery Drivers are at times “the face of the company” and are required to promote the company and in a professional manner, treating our customers as an extension of the HCS family.
- Business Group / Dept: Delivery Driver
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Reports to: Director of Chemical Operations
- Date: May 1, 2020
Each quarter the Delivery Driver will establish, with the Director of Chemical, the specific results,
improvements, or accomplishments required to support HCS and departmental objectives. These are
expressed as ROCKS.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Planning loads, routes, and complete all required paperwork with accuracy.
- Proper loading of the delivery truck to meet all DOT requirements as well as orders required to be
- Utilize and maintain an Electronic log book and all other DOT documentation
- Maintain good driving record, CDL w/endorsement, DOT certification.
- Coordinate with chemical and sales department to assure loading and unloading schedules are properly arranged
- Deliver all products to customer in the manner required by HCS, including close attention to details
as instructed on the orders
- Ensure proper maintenance and care of the delivery truck as per the Lease Company and HCS
- When required, perform inspections or minor repairs or installation of detergent application systems
- Properly maintain all special tools and pumps that are an essential part of the delivery truck routine
- Properly maintain parts inventory on the delivery truck
- This position will assist in the operation of the chemical department. Duties required might include,
but not limited to, washing drums, helping blend soap products, package products, and basic
organization and cleaning in the chemical warehouse.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives.
The intent of this position description is to guide the activities of the Delivery Driver. It is not the intent to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function. Nor is it the intent to describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
- High School Degree (GED)
- Must be able to pass basic math and mechanical aptitude test
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Class X Endorsement (Tanker & Hazmat)
- Forklift experience
- Previous delivery experience
- Driving for extended periods of time
- Extended hours away from main location of business
- 1-2 overnight stays per month possible
- Heavy, but infrequent lifting up to 75 pounds.
- Lifting- raising, lowering or moving objects.
- Push and pulling up to 600 lbs., using 2 wheel drum cart.
- Climb in and out of delivery truck, frequently
- DOT Medical Certification
Technical Requirements (Specifically Related to this Position)
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Interpersonal Skills: Socially capable, interacts confidently, reads the situation. Empathetic and can evaluate likely reactions, both verbal and non-verbal.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and the competencies required by persons assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions associated with this job. This job description is not an employment contract and Hydro-Chem Systems Inc. reserves the right to change this description at any time. Hydro-Chem Systems Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Competitive wage based on experience
- 401k match and section 125 plan (pre-tax dollars)
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability coverage
- Generous paid time off program
HCS is a drug-free company, so you will be required to pass a drug test upon hire and at any point during your employment.
Requirements Regardless of Position
HCS Operating Systems Principles & Objectives
- Knows all HCS established operating systems (e.g. quality, safety, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity of the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
Culture Expectations (Core Values for all Positions)
WE ACT LIKE OWNERS
We go above and beyond; we either work as a team or we crumble as individuals.
ON THIS TEAM WE FIGHT FOR THE INCH
We are determined to grow inch by inch. The inches we need are everywhere around us, and when we add up all those inches, that’s going to make the difference between WINNING and LOSING.
WE DO THE RIGHT THING
The high road is not a shortcut. Stick to the highest standard of Integrity, without compromise.
WE ARE COMPASSIONATE
We treat each other like family and our customers as an extension of that family.
EXCELLENCE IS AN ATTITUDE
We will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence. ~ Vince Lombardi
Simple and innovative cleaning solutions to clean more in less time can be yours today.