This position provides product design/drafting solutions to meet Company needs. This includes creation of critical sections or completion of full projects, assemblies, components, and details to meet project needs from submittal through completion.
- Business Group / Dept: Engineering
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Reports to: Engineering Manager
Each quarter the Drafter will establish, with the Engineering Manager the specific results, improvements, or accomplishments required to support HCS and departmental objectives. These are expressed as ROCKS.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Develop customer drawings for installation and submittals for contractor builds.
- Develop and revise production fabrication drawings.
- Create large 3D assemblies/modeling containing 500 or more parts to convey design intent for customer/internal documentation.
- Generate mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) schematics using Solid Works Mechanical and Electrical.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. The intent of this position description is to guide the activities of the Drafter. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function. Nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
The intent of this position description is to guide the activities of the Drafter. It is not the intent to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function. Nor is it the intent to describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
Minimum GED required. Associates Degree in drafting or CAD design, preferred.
Technical Experience: 3 or more years experience with CAD software, required (Solidworks- electrical and mechanical preferred)
Industry Experience: 3 or more years experience inmanufacturing industry preferred.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Extended hours in front of a computer screen.
- Visual inspection and creation of prints and documents with close visual acuity and color determination.
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Repetitive Motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and the competencies required by persons assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions associated with this job. This job description is not an employment contract and Hydro-Chem Systems Inc. reserves the right to change this description at any time. Hydro-Chem Systems Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Technical Requirements (Specifically Related to this Position)
- Software: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, CAD (Auto CAD, Solidworks)
- Analyze Issues: Gathers relevant information systematically; considers a broad range of issues or factors; grasps complexities and perceives relationships among problems or issues; seeks input from others; uses accurate logic in analysis.
- Mechanically & Electrically Inclined: intuitively can take apart, put together or design “things” that are mechanical, selecting the most appropriate materials and tools to complete the work. Can evaluate electrical systems and applications.
- Computers: Strong computer background with ability to analyze prints, generate drawings, and present information.
- Write Effectively: Conveys information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents; reviews and edits written work constructively.
- Competitive wage based on experience
- 401k match and section 125 plan (pre-tax dollars)
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability coverage
- Generous paid time off program
HCS is a drug-free company, so you will be required to pass a drug test upon hire and at any point during your employment.
Requirements Regardless of Position
HCS Operating Systems Principles & Objectives
- Knows all HCS established operating systems (e.g. quality, safety, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity of the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
Culture Expectations (Core Values for all Positions)
WE ACT LIKE OWNERS
We go above and beyond; we either work as a team or we crumble as individuals.
ON THIS TEAM WE FIGHT FOR THE INCH
We are determined to grow inch by inch. The inches we need are everywhere around us, and when we add up all those inches, that’s going to make the difference between WINNING and LOSING.
WE DO THE RIGHT THING
The high road is not a shortcut. Stick to the highest standard of Integrity, without compromise.
WE ARE COMPASSIONATE
We treat each other like family and our customers as an extension of that family.
EXCELLENCE IS AN ATTITUDE
We will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence. ~ Vince Lombardi
Simple and innovative cleaning solutions to clean more in less time can be yours today.