The Engineering Manager is responsible for the integration of technical skills, soft skills, and conceptual skills within the department. In addition, the Engineering manager will supervise, coordinate project deadlines and spearhead product improvements and design.
- Business Group / Dept: Engineering
- FLSA: Exempt
- Reports to: Director of Operations
Each quarter the Engineering Manager will establish, with the Director of Operations the specific results, improvements, or accomplishments required to support HCS and departmental objectives. These are expressed as ROCKS.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- LMA (Lead, Manage & Hold Accountable) the engineering team.
- Mentor engineers and drafters on the execution of engineering disciplines with drawings, manuals, and other technical disciplines.
- Technical Accuracy of all prints generated by the Engineering Department.
- UL Compliance.
- Develop plans for new designs and products.
- Solidworks Enterprise Product Data Management (EPDM) and Process Management.
- Project Management of deadlines.
- Work with Sales Engineers on validity of proposed products.
- Train and develop Engineers on the use of SolidWorks.
The intent of this position description is to guide the activities of the Engineering Manager. It is not the intent to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function. Nor is it the intent to describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required. Licensed Engineer preferred.
Expert knowledge in SolidWorks required and 10 years of experience in the application or management of electrical and mechanical engineering. Working knowledge of basic circuitry, single and 3 phase component
voltages, and current/loads. PLC ladder logic programming and troubleshooting a plus.
- Extended hours in front of a computer screen.
- Repetitive Motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Type 50 wpm
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Desk space related tasks such as computer work, including typing.
- Visual inspection and creation of prints and documents with close visual acuity and color determination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and the competencies required by persons assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions associated with this job. This job description is not an employment contract and Hydro-Chem Systems Inc. reserves the right to change this description at any time. Hydro-Chem Systems Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Technical Requirements (Specifically Related to this Position)
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Interpersonal Skills: Effective communication skills; ability to work effectively in a team environment and to interact with various internal and external customers.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge: Understands technical terminology and developments. Knows how/when to apply technical skills or procedures. Performs complex tasks in area of expertise.
- Quality of Work: Sets and maintains high goals and standards for self while understanding and conforming to team standards; achieves a volume of acceptable work within allotted time; work produced achieves established standards for thoroughness, accuracy, neatness, and acceptability Software: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Auto CAD, and Solid Works
- Mechanically & Electrically Inclined: intuitively can take apart, put together or design “things” that are mechanical, selecting the most appropriate materials and tools to complete the work. Can evaluate electrical systems and applications.
- Communication: Demonstrate superior inter-personal skills, conflict resolution and negotiating skills. Ensures open communication across project teams. Defuses emotional charged situations. Promotes knowledge of team’s work to gain support for on-going and future initiatives.
- Competitive wage based on experience
- 401k match and section 125 plan (pre-tax dollars)
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability coverage
- Generous paid time off program
HCS is a drug-free company, so you will be required to pass a drug test upon hire and at any point during your employment.
Requirements Regardless of Position
HCS Operating Systems Principles & Objectives
- Knows all HCS established operating systems (e.g. quality, safety, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity of the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
Culture Expectations (Core Values for all Positions)
WE ACT LIKE OWNERS
We go above and beyond; we either work as a team or we crumble as individuals.
ON THIS TEAM WE FIGHT FOR THE INCH
We are determined to grow inch by inch. The inches we need are everywhere around us, and when we add up all those inches, that’s going to make the difference between WINNING and LOSING.
WE DO THE RIGHT THING
The high road is not a shortcut. Stick to the highest standard of Integrity, without compromise.
WE ARE COMPASSIONATE
We treat each other like family and our customers as an extension of that family.
EXCELLENCE IS AN ATTITUDE
We will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence. ~ Vince Lombardi
Simple and innovative cleaning solutions to clean more in less time can be yours today.