This position is responsible for the movement of material, facility-wide and providing back-up support in Shipping & Receiving, as well as in the blending area.
- Business Group / Dept: Chemical
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Reports to: Chemical Manager
Each quarter the Material Handler will establish, with the Chemical Manager, the specific results, improvements, or accomplishments required to support HCS and departmental objectives. These are expressed as ROCKS.
Follow processes and procedures according to the “HCS Way”
Stage and package outgoing shipments
Allocate incoming shipments to proper locations
Use an ERP system and any scanning equipment for receiving materials
Preform back-up duties for Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Perform inventory counts in Chemical Department
Manage shipping material inventory levels (pallets, drums, totes, boxes, etc.)
Warehouse cleanliness (recycle bins, garbage, floor cleaning etc.)
Safety use filling equipment
Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. The intent of this position description is to guide the activities of the Material Handler. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function. Nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
Minimum GED required. Must successfully pass math test and typing test at 35 wpm or greater.
Technical Experience: previous forklift experience required.
Industry Experience: 1 or more years’ experience in manufacturing industry preferred.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Lift up to 75 pounds on a repetitive basis, daily.
- Lift up to 80 pounds occasionally.
- Lifting, raising, lowering or moving objects
- Walking, pushing, pulling and grasping while moving up to 600 pounds, infrequently (with use of cart)
Technical Requirements (Specifically Related to this Position)
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Customer Service: Match urgency and level of enthusiasm of internal and external customers when full-filling requests.
- Interpersonal Skills: Effective communication skills; ability to work effectively in a team environment and to interact with various internal and external customers.
- Computer Skills: Basic knowledge of computers, including software (Microsoft Office and ERP systems).
- Quality of Work: Sets and maintains high goals and standards for self while understanding and conforming to team standards; achieves a volume of acceptable work within allotted time; work produced achieves established standards for thoroughness, accuracy, neatness, and acceptability.
- Follow Directions: Able to complete verbal and written directions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and the competencies required by persons assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions associated with this job. This job description is not an employment contract and Hydro-Chem Systems Inc. reserves the right to change this description at any time. Hydro-Chem Systems Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Competitive wage based on experience
- 401k match and section 125 plan (pre-tax dollars)
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- Knows all HCS established operating systems (e.g. quality, safety, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity of the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
Simple and innovative cleaning solutions to clean more in less time can be yours today.