Parts Clerk / Counter Sales
Greet and assist walk-in customers with parts counter purchases. Receive, store and issue materials, equipment and other items from stockroom. Keep records and compile reports as requested by the Purchaser, Project Manager, and Service Manager. This position is responsible to perform various transactions and duties in the management of inventory control including but not limited to all aspects of physical inventory.
- Business Group / Dept: Operations
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Reports to: Director of Operations
To Apply, Email Resume to [email protected]
Each quarter the Parts Clerk will establish, with the Service Manager, the specific results, improvements, or accomplishments required to support HCS and departmental objectives. These are expressed as ROCKS.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in stockroom or other areas designated.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms or warehouse.
- Issue parts as required for service / sales / fabrication personnel either via picking slip, consignment.
- Maintain a clean and orderly stockroom and comply with all safety regulations.
- Receive and count stock items and record data manually or using computer.
- Communicate with phone and counter customers / employees to fulfill their parts requirements.
- Opening/closing main gate in morning and evening / securing all warehouse exterior doors.
- Inventory control of parts and equipment.
- Perform daily cycle count per Inventory Control Plan.
- Ordering parts not available in inventory for customers, orders.
- Maintaining parts inventory per minimum stock quantities.
- Know and adhere to all inventory control plan checklists.
Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. The intent of this position description is to guide the activities of the Parts Clerk. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function. Nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
Minimum GED required. Must successfully pass math test, typing test and position aptitude tests.
Technical Experience: 1 or more years’ of experience with ERP/MRP systems.
Industry Experience: 1 or more years’ experience in a material or inventory related position.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Desk space related tasks such as computer work, including typing.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Lifting, raising, lowering or moving objects
- Walking, pushing, pulling and grasping while moving parts that weigh up to 75 pounds.
Technical Requirements – Specifically related to this position
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Lean Manufacturing Skills: Strong understanding of production inventory control techniques and principles. Knowledge and experience with a formal manufacturing control system and Just-In-Time (JIT) concepts.
- Interpersonal Skills: Effective communication skills; ability to work effectively in a team environment and to interact with various internal and external customers.
- Computer Skills: Basic knowledge of computers, including software (Microsoft Office and ERP systems).
- Quality of Work: Sets and maintains high goals and standards for self while understanding and conforming to team standards; achieves a volume of acceptable work within allotted time; work produced achieves established standards for thoroughness, accuracy, neatness, and acceptability
- Follow Directions: Able to complete verbal and written directions.
- Competitive wage based on experience
- 401k match and section 125 plan (pre-tax dollars)
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability coverage
- Generous paid time off program
HCS is a drug-free company, so you will be required to pass a drug test upon hire and at any point during your employment.
- Knows all HCS established operating systems (e.g. quality, safety, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity of the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
We go above and beyond; we either work as a team or we crumble as individuals.
ON THIS TEAM WE FIGHT FOR THE INCH
We are determined to grow inch by inch. The inches we need are everywhere around us, and when we add up all those inches, that’s going to make the difference between WINNING and LOSING.
WE DO THE RIGHT THING
The high road is not a shortcut. Stick to the highest standard of Integrity, without compromise.
WE ARE COMPASSIONATE
We treat each other like family and our customers as an extension of that family.
EXCELLENCE IS AN ATTITUDE
We will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence. ~ Vince Lombardi