Under the direct supervision of the Director of Sales & Marketing, this position facilitates the processing of sales by supporting the Sales Department with general operations to help reach the team’s objectives.
- Business Group / Dept: Sales
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Reports to: Director of Sales & Marketing
Each quarter the Sales Administrator will establish, with the Director of Sales & Marketing, the specific results, improvements, or accomplishments required to support HCS and departmental objectives. These are expressed as ROCKS.
- Review all bids, proposals, and general correspondence for Sales Administrator tasks.
- Management of pre-bid and post-bid requirements, including COI’s and bonds.
- Use bid software to locate and find bids for automated systems and detergents.
- Input initial lead entries from emails, webforms, and phone calls; and distribute.
- Perform basic pre-qualification of automated leads.
- Perform routine quality checks in CRM for data entry compliance.
- Primary operator for sales queue; back-up for main operator queue.
- Enter new customers in ERP and sales orders current customers.
- Trouble-shoot via phone basic and common sale call inquiries.
- Create, run, and send reports from ERP software.
- Be a liaison between customers and sales personnel.
- Keep CKL & TMP’s up to date.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. The intent of this position description is to guide the activities of the Sales Administrator. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function. Nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
Minimum GED required. Must successfully pass math test, typing test and position aptitude tests.
Technical Experience: 1 or more years’ of experience in customer service or sales support role.
Industry Experience: n/a
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Desk space related tasks such as computer work and typing.
- Lifting, raising, lowering or moving objects
- Speaking to and hearing customers on the phone.
Technical Requirements (Specifically Related to this Position)
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Task Completion: Responds effectively to clear direction, follows set procedures. Solves immediate problems, escalating where appropriate. Sees individual tasks through to completion.
- Interpersonal Skills: Effective communication skills; ability to work effectively in a team environment and to interact with various internal and external customers.
- Computer Skills: Basic knowledge of computers, including software (Microsoft Office and ERP systems).
- Quality of Work: Sets and maintains high goals and standards for self while understanding and conforming to team standards; achieves a volume of acceptable work within allotted time; work produced achieves established standards for thoroughness, accuracy, neatness, and acceptability
- Follow Directions: Able to complete verbal and written directions.
- Competitive wage based on experience
- 401k match and section 125 plan (pre-tax dollars)
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability coverage
- Generous paid time off program
HCS is a drug-free company, so you will be required to pass a drug test upon hire and at any point during your employment.
- Knows all HCS established operating systems (e.g. quality, safety, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity of the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
We go above and beyond; we either work as a team or we crumble as individuals.
ON THIS TEAM WE FIGHT FOR THE INCH
We are determined to grow inch by inch. The inches we need are everywhere around us, and when we add up all those inches, that’s going to make the difference between WINNING and LOSING.
WE DO THE RIGHT THING
The high road is not a shortcut. Stick to the highest standard of Integrity, without compromise.
WE ARE COMPASSIONATE
We treat each other like family and our customers as an extension of that family.
EXCELLENCE IS AN ATTITUDE
We will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence. ~ Vince Lombardi