Shipping & Receiving Clerk
The Shipping & Receiving Clerk is responsible for accurate physical and transactional movement of all HCS inbound/outbound materials.
- Business Group / Dept: Chemical
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Reports to: Chemical Manager
To Apply, Email Resume to [email protected]
Each quarter the S & R Clerk will establish, with the Chemical Manager, the specific results, improvements, or accomplishments required to support HCS and departmental objectives. These are expressed as ROCKS.
- Coordinate, load and unload all in/outgoing shipments
- Negotiate and obtain freight quotes
- Accurately complete all required shipping paperwork (Hazmat BOL)
- Use UPS Worldship
- Manage freight claims
- Allocate incoming shipments to proper locations
- Use an ERP system and any scanning equipment for receiving materials
- Coordinate with chemical, sales, parts, and production departments to ensure loading and unloading schedules are properly arranged.
- Notify appropriate internal and external customers when materials are shipped or received
- Track shipments and notify customers and sales department of any delays
- Safely use a forklift for moving inventory
Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. The intent of this position description is to guide the activities of the S & R Clerk. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function. Nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
Minimum GED required. Must successfully pass math test and typing test at 40 wpm.
Technical Experience: previous forklift experience required.
Industry Experience: 1 or more years’ experience in manufacturing industry preferred.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Lift up to 75 pounds on a repetitive basis, daily.
- Lift up to 80 pounds occasionally.
- Lifting, raising, lowering or moving objects
- Walking, pushing, pulling and grasping while moving up to 600 pounds, infrequently (with use of cart)
Technical Requirements (Specifically Related to this Position)
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Customer Service: Match urgency and level of enthusiasm of internal and external customers when full-filling requests.
- Interpersonal Skills: Effective communication skills; ability to work effectively in a team environment and to interact with various internal and external customers.
- Computer Skills: Basic knowledge of computers, including software (Microsoft Office and ERP systems).
- Quality of Work: Sets and maintains high goals and standards for self while understanding and conforming to team standards; achieves a volume of acceptable work within allotted time; work produced achieves established standards for thoroughness, accuracy, neatness, and acceptability
- Follow Directions: Able to complete verbal and written directions.
- Competitive wage based on experience
- 401k match and section 125 plan (pre-tax dollars)
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability coverage
- Generous paid time off program
HCS is a drug-free company, so you will be required to pass a drug test upon hire and at any point during your employment.
- Knows all HCS established operating systems (e.g. quality, safety, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity of the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
We go above and beyond; we either work as a team or we crumble as individuals.
ON THIS TEAM WE FIGHT FOR THE INCH
We are determined to grow inch by inch. The inches we need are everywhere around us, and when we add up all those inches, that’s going to make the difference between WINNING and LOSING.
WE DO THE RIGHT THING
The high road is not a shortcut. Stick to the highest standard of Integrity, without compromise.
WE ARE COMPASSIONATE
We treat each other like family and our customers as an extension of that family.
EXCELLENCE IS AN ATTITUDE
We will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence. ~ Vince Lombardi