This position is responsible for assisting the Chemical Coordinator in the daily operations of the chemical department. This includes, but is not limited to scheduling batches, managing load and delivery orders, and handling inventory of raw materials and finished goods.
- Business Group / Dept: Chemical
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Reports to: Chemical Coordinator
To Apply, Email Your Resume to [email protected]
Each quarter the Formulator will establish, with the Chemical Coordinator the specific results, improvements, or accomplishments required to support HCS and departmental objectives. These are expressed as ROCKS.
- Accurately following batch instructions for blending soaps
- Quality Control testing of batches in lab
- Assist in the maintenance of soap inventory levels
- Keeping good documentation and records of testing
- Assist in preparing load orders for HCS deliveries (packaging, staging and shipping)
- Assisting and monitoring raw material stock
- Performing a monthly inventory record
- Following daily housekeeping procedures; maintaining a well-organized blending room
- Maintaining a safe work environment and following safety procedures
- Assisting in the washing of drums and totes to be re-used
- Verifying that load sheets match orders and that delivery paperwork is accurate for HCS deliveries
- Use a forklift for moving raw materials and soap through the warehouse and loading shipments onto a common carrier
The intent of this position description is to guide the activities of the Blender. It is not the intent to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function. Nor is it the intent to describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
Minimum GED required. Must successfully pass math test.
Technical Experience: Previous blending and forklift experience preferred.
Industry Experience: 1 or more years’ experience in manufacturing industry required.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Wearing a full-face breathing apparatus (respirator) for extended periods of time
- Handling chemicals
- Interior atmospheric conditions (e.g. fumes, vapors, odors, mists and limited ventilation)
- Lifting up to 70 pounds repetitively, on a regular basis.
- Lifting, raising, lowering or moving objects.
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, walking, pushing, pulling and gasping
- Repetitive Motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Technical Requirements (Specifically Related to this Position)
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved.
- Quality of Work: Sets and maintains high goals and standards for self while understanding and conforming to team standards; achieves a volume of acceptable work within allotted time; work produced achieves established standards for thoroughness, accuracy, neatness, and acceptability
- Follow Directions: Able to complete verbal and written directions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and the competencies required by persons assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions associated with this job. This job description is not an employment contract and Hydro-Chem Systems Inc. reserves the right to change this description at any time. Hydro-Chem Systems Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Competitive wage based on experience
- 401k match and section 125 plan (pre-tax dollars)
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability coverage
- Generous paid time off program
HCS is a drug-free company, so you will be required to pass a drug test upon hire and at any point during your employment.
- Knows all HCS established operating systems (e.g. quality, safety, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity of the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
We go above and beyond; we either work as a team or we crumble as individuals.
ON THIS TEAM WE FIGHT FOR THE INCH
We are determined to grow inch by inch. The inches we need are everywhere around us, and when we add up all those inches, that’s going to make the difference between WINNING and LOSING.
WE DO THE RIGHT THING
The high road is not a shortcut. Stick to the highest standard of Integrity, without compromise.
WE ARE COMPASSIONATE
We treat each other like family and our customers as an extension of that family.
EXCELLENCE IS AN ATTITUDE
We will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence. ~ Vince Lombardi