This position reports to the Director of Operations and is responsible for the daily operations of the chemical department. This includes, but is not limited to maintaining regulatory compliance, inventory management, process, and procedural development, enforcing a safe work environment, and assisting the Director of Operations in other operations and responsibilities.
- Business Group / Dept: Chemical
- FLSA: Exempt
- Reports to: Director of Operations
To Apply, Email Resume to [email protected]
Each quarter the Chemical Manager will establish, with the Director of Operations, the specific results, improvements, or accomplishments required to support HCS and departmental objectives. These are expressed as ROCKS.
- LMA: lead, manage and hold accountable roles reporting to Chemical Manager position.
- Enforce a safe work environment and following safety procedures.
- Formula Management in ERP System
- DOT Compliance for delivery operations
- Vendor Relations
- Maintain and update minimum and maximum levels for raw materials and finished goods.
- Process and procedure writing with improvements in safety, quality, and cost reductions.
- Staying up to date on current Hazardous Materials Regulations
- Monitor shipping papers and regulations.
- Be an active participant on the Safety Committee and Chemical R&D Committee
- Manage the HCS Respirator Program
- Conduct successful weekly Level 10 meetings with active participation from all team members.
Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. The intent of this position description is to guide the activities of the Chemical Manager. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function. Nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
Minimum GED required, advance degree or certification preferred. Must successfully pass math test.
Technical Experience: Previous experience in chemical blending. Supervisory experience preferred.
Industry Experience: 1 or more years’ experience in manufacturing industry required.
- Standing for long periods of time
- Wearing a full-face breathing apparatus (respirator) for extended periods of time
- Handling chemicals
- Interior atmospheric conditions (e.g., fumes, vapors, odors, mists, and limited ventilation)
- Lifting to 70 pounds repetitively, on a regular basis
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, walking, pushing, pulling, and gasping
Technical Requirements (Specifically Related to this Position)
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Interpersonal Skills: Effective communication skills; ability to work effectively in a team environment and to interact with various internal and external customers.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge: Understands technical terminology and developments. Knows how/when to apply technical skills or procedures. Performs complex tasks in area of expertise (e.g., DOT, Hazmat, EPA, etc.).
- Decision Making: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and makes clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Results Oriented: Ability to focus on important issues, regularly refocuses on results, and demonstrates a drive to exceed performance targets.
- Communication: Demonstrate superior inter-personal skills, conflict resolution and negotiating skills. Ensures open communication across project teams. Defuses emotional charged situations. Promotes knowledge of team’s work to gain support for on-going and future initiatives.
- Competitive wage based on experience
- 401k match and section 125 plan (pre-tax dollars)
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability coverage
- Generous paid time off program
HCS is a drug-free company, so you will be required to pass a drug test upon hire and at any point during your employment.
- Knows all HCS established operating systems (e.g. quality, safety, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity of the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
We go above and beyond; we either work as a team or we crumble as individuals.
ON THIS TEAM WE FIGHT FOR THE INCH
We are determined to grow inch by inch. The inches we need are everywhere around us, and when we add up all those inches, that’s going to make the difference between WINNING and LOSING.
WE DO THE RIGHT THING
The high road is not a shortcut. Stick to the highest standard of Integrity, without compromise.
WE ARE COMPASSIONATE
We treat each other like family and our customers as an extension of that family.
EXCELLENCE IS AN ATTITUDE
We will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence. ~ Vince Lombardi