This position is responsible for building and assembling pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical parts.
- Business Group / Dept: Assembler
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Reports to: Production Coordinator
To Apply, Email Your Resume to [email protected]
Each quarter the Assembler will establish, with the Production Manager the specific results, improvements, or accomplishments required to support HCS and departmental objectives. These are expressed as ROCKS.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Fabricate, test and repair electromechanical equipment systems from assembly drawings, wiring
schematics and engineering instructions.
- Weld aluminum and stainless-steel, drilling, pipe threading.
- Cut/fit/plumb plastic PVC pipe and stainless pipe.
- Operate forklift to safely maneuver and lift materials and equipment.
- Use of machining equipment such as a lathe, drill press, threader, cutters, sander/grinders and
various types of saws.
- Perform electrical wiring and control panel building to specifications.
- Ensure working environment is clean and safe.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. The intent of this position
description is to guide the activities of the Assembler. It is not intended to limit the thinking and
creativity of the person to the work of this function. Nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
Minimum GED required. Successful completion of a math and measurement test.
- 1 or more years’ experience in manufacturing industry required.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Gripping of handheld tools both manual and powered.
- Interior atmospheric conditions (e.g. fumes, vapors, odors, mists, dust and odors)
- Lifting up to 75 pounds repetitively, on a regular basis.
- Lifting, raising, lowering or moving objects.
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, walking, pushing, pulling and gasping
- Repetitive Motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- minimum of 1-year of print reading, previous welding, assembly and forklift experience preferred.
Technical Requirements – specifically related to this position
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved.
- Quality of Work: Sets and maintains high goals and standards for self while understanding and conforming to team standards; achieves a volume of acceptable work within allotted time; work produced achieves established standards for thoroughness, accuracy, neatness, and acceptability.
- Follow Directions: Able to complete verbal and written directions.
HCS Operating systems principles and objectives (this competency appears in all job descriptions): Knows all HCS established operating systems (e.g. quality, safety, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity of the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
- Competitive wage based on experience
- 401k match and section 125 plan (pre-tax dollars)
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability coverage
- Generous paid time off program
HCS is a drug-free company, so you will be required to pass a drug test upon hire and at any point during your employment.
Requirements Regardless of Position
HCS Operating Systems Principles & Objectives
- Knows all HCS established operating systems (e.g. quality, safety, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity of the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
Culture Expectations (Core Values for all Positions)
WE ACT LIKE OWNERS
We go above and beyond; we either work as a team or we crumble as individuals.
ON THIS TEAM WE FIGHT FOR THE INCH
We are determined to grow inch by inch. The inches we need are everywhere around us, and when we add up all those inches, that’s going to make the difference between WINNING and LOSING.
WE DO THE RIGHT THING
The high road is not a shortcut. Stick to the highest standard of Integrity, without compromise.
WE ARE COMPASSIONATE
We treat each other like family and our customers as an extension of that family.
EXCELLENCE IS AN ATTITUDE
We will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence. ~ Vince Lombardi