The Service Manager is responsible for the overall profitability, training, and management of the service department and staff.
- Business Group / Dept: Service / Ops
- FLSA: Exempt
- Reports to: Director of Operations
To Apply, Email Resume to [email protected]
Each quarter the Service Manager will establish, with the Director of Operations the specific results, improvements, or accomplishments required to support HCS and departmental objectives. These are expressed as ROCKS.
- Lead, Manage and hold Accountable (LMA) assigned staff.
- Profitable Service Department
- Establish and maintain training program for technicians.
- Responsible for warranty on parts and equipment.
- Management of Preventative Maintenance (PM) Agreements
- Ensure inventory accuracy for service parts and locations.
- Assist in troubleshooting electrical/PLC on pressure washers and automated equipment.
- Assist customers with service issues.
- Responsible for the quality control of service orders and all supporting documentation.
- Marketing of Service Department
Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. The intent of this position description is to guide the activities of the Service Manager. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function. Nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
GED required, vocational school or Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
Technical Experience: Small machine repair certification preferred.
Industry Experience: 1 year minimum supervisory experience, required. 1 year mechanical service work, required.
- Extended hours in front of a computer screen and related desk space tasks.
- Hearing and speaking to internal and external customers.
- Type 45 wpm
- Standing and sitting for long periods of time
- Speaking to and hearing customers on the phone.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Travel via car or air
Technical Requirements – Specifically related to this position
- Technical/Professional Knowledge: Understands technical terminology and developments. Knows how/when to apply technical skills or procedures. Performs complex tasks in area of expertise.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Decision Making: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and makes clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Mechanically Inclined: intuitively can take apart, put together or design “things” that are mechanical, selecting the most appropriate materials and tools to complete the work.
- Customer Service Oriented: high level of patience and attentiveness (listening) when handling customer needs; act with urgency and in a professional manner.
- Communication: Demonstrate superior inter-personal skills, conflict resolution and negotiating skills. Ensures open communication across project teams. Defuses emotional charged situations. Promotes knowledge of team’s work to gain support for on-going and future initiatives.
- Computers & Software: Comfortable with computers and commonly used software (Microsoft Office, ERP applications and accounting software packages)
- Competitive wage based on experience
- 401k match and section 125 plan (pre-tax dollars)
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability coverage
- Generous paid time off program
HCS is a drug-free company, so you will be required to pass a drug test upon hire and at any point during your employment.
- Knows all HCS established operating systems (e.g. quality, safety, environmental). Understands the responsibility to maintain familiarity of the systems and this position’s role in support of these systems – including a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the systems and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
We go above and beyond; we either work as a team or we crumble as individuals.
ON THIS TEAM WE FIGHT FOR THE INCH
We are determined to grow inch by inch. The inches we need are everywhere around us, and when we add up all those inches, that’s going to make the difference between WINNING and LOSING.
WE DO THE RIGHT THING
The high road is not a shortcut. Stick to the highest standard of Integrity, without compromise.
WE ARE COMPASSIONATE
We treat each other like family and our customers as an extension of that family.
EXCELLENCE IS AN ATTITUDE
We will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence. ~ Vince Lombardi